Job Vacancy – Catering officer
School Catering Officer required to start Monday 3rd June 2019
30 hours per week Mon-Fri (term time only – 39 weeks)
Would suit a Level 3 catering graduate
Actual salary £12,907 – £13,429 (based on 30hrs/week, term time only)
The successful candidate(s) will:
- Maintain a clean and compliant kitchen environment.
- Assist with the preparation, delivery and serving of food and drink at breakfast, break and lunch time.
- Lay tables, set-up and clear dining areas.
- Perform general cleaning and washing-up duties and the storage of deliveries.
- Prepare and provide meals and snacks for offsite activities/provision
- Cook meals in accordance with agreed recipes, menus and national guidelines
- Undertake clerical duties associated with record keeping and stock control.
- Plan, control and direct the production and service of meals.
- Gauge stock levels, portion sizes and manage waste effectively.
- Have responsibility for maintaining agreed standards in relation to food and kitchen hygiene.
- Maintain records and budget allocation.
- Identify ways in which meals can support the needs of all pupils and staff.
- Engage effectively with staff and pupils in a challenging environment.
Closing date: Friday 17th May 2019
Interview date: Thursday 23rd May 2019
Completed application forms and supporting documents should be sent to: email@example.com by 5pm on 17th May 2019. All applications should include a supporting letter.